Our West Bend Law office has been meeting the legal needs of people in and around West Bend and Washington County for more then 25 years.
John A. Best grew up in West Bend and has worked in Washington County practicing Law since 1990.
The office is conveniently located in West Bend, Old Barton Village just across from the historic Barton Roller Mill and Milwaukee River on Barton Avenue /Hwy 144. The Eisenbahn State Trail, extending from West Bend into eastern Wisconsin, has 5-1/2 miles of paved trail and provides opportunities for hiking, bicycling, cross-country skiing and more runs right past the office. We are only minutes from the Washington County Courthouse in West Bend.
Visit our Services page for information on how we can help you with your legal needs.
Village of Barton History
In 1845 early settler Barton Salisbury, while on a surveying trip up the Milwaukee River, found a rapids that he believed would be a good source of power for a sawmill. He built a log hut on the west side of the river and the Village of Barton was born.
The unincorporated community of Young America is located in the town.
On November 1, 1961, the city of West Bend annexed the Village of Barton, and today’s population of over 30,000 reflects the solid community and economic base forged by West Bend’s founders.
The Founding of West Bend
(By Carl Quickert – 1945)
Halfway between Milwaukee
And Fond du Lac, or so,
Three men stopped in a woodland
A century ago.
Their mission was to measure
And carefully stake out
Between the two points mentioned
The shortest wagon route.
A lovely day of autumn,
A cool and grassy glade,
Overhead the tinted foliage
That furnished sun-flecked shade;
Near by the famed Milwaukee
Rounding its greatest bend –
Such was the scene the trio
Found at their half-way end.
Such as the scene that prompted
The thought to come atop,
To build a town and make it
A restful half-way stop.
Then Wolcott, Kilbourn, Kneeland,
The trio, at the end
Of some discussion named it
From the river’s course, West Bend.
But thousands since have made it
A place that few can top,
A home that freely offered
A fortunate full-way stop.
Source: The West Bend News Aug. 1945